This week we are reading a non-fiction book called 'How to be a Knight in ten easy steps'.
Today we are going to read Stage 3 and 4. Listen to it first with the sound on and then have a go at reading it by yourself with the sound turned off. Here is the link to open the book.
Now I would like you to complete this comprehension work. Remember to look at the text to find the answers. I have attached a word document with the questions as well.
1. What did a knight have to protect himself?
2. What is a greave?
3. Why did a knight always put his helmet on last?
4. What is a visor and why did a knight wear one?
5. What was a lance used for?
6. Find a word that means the same as 'many'.
7. Find 5 words ending in 'ed'. Are they adjectives, nouns or verbs.
8. Can you remember any rules for adding 'ed' onto root words?